Values of Rugby - Level 3
Spectators’ code of conduct:
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. We should all try to ensure Rugby is enjoyed in a safe, positive environment.
- Children playing Rugby is a time for them to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills. Winning isn’t everything.
- Remember that children play for FUN.
- Applaud effort and good play as well as success.
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions.
- Remain outside the field of play.
- Let the coach do their job. The coach should be telling the players what to do, not you.
- Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials.
- Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning.
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour.
Additional information on the Values of Rugby can be found here:
(you will need to choose your language)
World Rugby Playing Charter
Values of Rugby - Level 1
Values of Rugby - Level 2
Back to top